Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anniversary Part I

Today is the day. Exactly one year ago today I was sent into exile. After going through hell for most of the year, the last few months have been a period of relative calm for me. It began when I asked myself this question: How do I get back to the mindset I had before I met Katherine? Trying to ignore the last 11 years of my life is no simple task, let me assure you. I finally realized that over time, little by little, Katherine was trying to change me. Whether that it was a conscious effort on her part or that she thought I would come around to her way of thinking eventually, in the end, it never worked. We were never compatible; a complete mistake from the start. I don't really blame her. She is who she is and my fear of loneliness allowed me to put up with it, but eventually it broke me and I lost myself. So during this past year I started to catalog all the negative feelings that have built up within me, I analyzed each one, determined the root of the problem, and... I stopped caring about them. It was as simple as that. I know who I am again, and I'm ok with it, but letting go was just the start...

2 comments:

Molly said...

women will always try to change you.

"and... I stopped caring about them."
I can totally here you saying that.

Anonymous said...

It's about time you pulled your head out of your ass! You never listened to us!